Susan Goodin, PharmD, FCCP, BCOP
Dr. Goodin Authors Editorial in the Journal of Clincal Oncology
Susan Goodin, PharmD talks with NJ 101.5's David Matthau about CINJ's ability to offer clinical trials as the state's only NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center.
Deputy Director, Operations
Assistant Director for Clinical Science, Cancer Institute of New Jersey
Professor of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Adjunct Professor, Pharmacy Practice and Administration
Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University
Susan Goodin received her PharmD degree from the University of Kentucky. She then completed an American Society of Health-System Pharmacy (ASHP)-accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency at the University of Kentucky Medical Center, and an Oncology Pharmacy Residency at the Lucille P. Markey Cancer Center in conjunction with the University of Kentucky Medical Center. Dr. Goodin is an active clinician and researcher. She has expertise in the development and conduct of cancer clinical trials and directs the implementation of translational clinical trials at The Cancer Institute of New Jersey. Her research focus is on the development of novel agents and combinations for the treatment of prostate cancer and natural products for the prevention of cancer.
Dr. Goodin has published more than 60 peer-reviewed articles on the treatment and prevention of cancer demonstrating her leadership in practice and patient care. She served on the Editorial Board of the American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, was the founding editor-in chief of The Oncology Pharmacist and is currently on the Editorial Board of Clinical Therapeutics. She also serves as a reviewer for a number of pharmacy and cancer journals. Dr. Goodin serves on the Board of Pharmacy Specialties, where she is the past Chair, and previously served on the Oncology Specialty Council. She is a past recipient of the ASHP Section of Clinical Specialists and Scientists Distinguished Service Award, the Cancer Institute of New Jersey Award of Hope for Patient Care, and the Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) Award of Excellence.
Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (re-certified through December 2018)
Education / Training
- Oncology Pharmacy Residency, Lucille P. Markey Cancer Center, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky
- Pharmacy Practice Residency, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, College of Pharmacy, Lexington, KY
Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, College of Pharmacy, Lexington, KY
Select Awards and Honors
- Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) Award of Excellence, 2012
- ASHP Section of Clinical Specialists and Scientists Distinguished Service Award, December 2011
- Rho Chi Lecturer, University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy, Lexington Kentucky, March 2011
- The Philip C. and Ethel F. Ashby Distinguished Lecture, University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, April 2009
- Honorary Bachelor of Science, Georgetown College, Georgetown, KY, May 2009
- Best Practice, Investigational Drugs. Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Association, 2009
- Award of Hope for Leadership in Patient Care, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey Foundation, 2007,
- Fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, Elected October 2006
- HOPA Clinical Practice Literature Award, 2006
- ACCP-Amgen Oncology Research Award, 2000
Astra Clinical Pharmacy Award, Co-investigator, 1993
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 1992 – present
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 1990 – present
- Section of Clinical Specialists, 1995 – present
- American Society of Clinical Oncologists, 1997 – present
- Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Association, 2004 – present
- International Society of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, 1997 – present
- New Jersey Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 1994 – present
- Phi Delta Chi Pharmaceutical Fraternity
Rho Chi Pharmaceutical Honor Society, inducted 1988
Select Committees / Leadership
- Member, Research Advisory Panel, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Foundation, 2005 – present
- Member, Board of Pharmacy Specialties, September 2008 – December 2013
- Member, Office of Human Research Services Shared Resource Advisory Committee, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 2013 – present
- Assistant Director of Clinical Sciences, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 2009 – present
- Member, Tissue Analytic Services Shared Resource Advisory Committee, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 2009 – present
- Member, Bioinformatics Shared Resource Advisory Committee, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 2009 – present
- Member, Biometrics Shared Resource Advisory Committee, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 2008 – present
- Member, Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Shared Resource Advisory Committee, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 2004 – present
- Member, Human Research Oversight Committee, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 2003 – present
- Member, Executive Committee, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 2001 – present
- Member, Scientific Council, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 1994 – present
- Member, Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 1994 – present
- Member, Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Association Foundation, July 2011 – June 2014
- Executive Committee of the Institutional Review Board, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 2005 – present
- Vice-Chair, Institutional Review Board, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 2005 – present
Member, USP Convention representing UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, June 2008 – present
- Clinical Therapeutics, September 2009 – present
- The Oncology Pharmacist, Editor in Chief (Founding), May 2008 – May 2010
- Pharmacy Practice News, December 2003 – March 2010
- American Journal of Hematology/Oncology, November 2006 – June 2009
- American Journal Health-System Pharmacy, January 1999 – December 2001
Cancer Therapeutics, 1998 – 1999
- New England Journal of Medicine, October 2009 – present
- Cancer, August 2007 – present
- The Lancet Oncology, June 2007 – present
- Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention, June 2007 – present
- Clinical Cancer Research, 2001 – present
- American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy, 1998 – present
- Journal of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, 2004 – present
- Clinical Therapeutics, 2005 – present
Oncologist, 2002 – present
Research Activities (Principal Investigator)
- The influence of selenium on biomarkers of prostate cancer risk. Penn State University and The Cancer Institute of New Jersey
- Randomized trial of gamma-tocopherol in patients undergoing colorectal surgery.
- Phase II trial of Lipitor and Celebrex in men with localized prostate cancer.
A randomized study to evaluate the effects of atorvastatin and celecoxib in the prostate.
Current Research Funding
Cooperative Group Chemoprevention Studies
Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group/NCI
Role: Principal Investigator
June 1, 2012 – May 31, 2016
Cancer Center Support Grant
Role: Office of Human Research Services Shared Resource Director
Assistant Director of Clinical Sciences
March 1, 2012 – February 28, 2017
Ha Y-S, Goodin S, DiPaola RS, Kim I. Enzalutamide for castration resistant prostate cancer. Drugs of Today (Barc) 2013;49(1):7-13.
Goodin S, DiPaola RS. Carbozatinib in prostate cancer: The beginning of a precision paradigm? J Clin Oncol 2013;31(4):401-403.
Stein MN, Goodin S, Doyle-Lindrud S, Silverberg J, Kane M, Metzger D, Eddy S, Shih W, DiPaola RS. Transdermal estradiol in castrate and chemotherapy resistant prostate cancer. Med Sci Monit 2012;18(4):CR260-4.
Stein MN, Goodin S, DiPaola RS. Abiraterone in Prostate Cancer: a new angle to an old problem. Clin Cancer Res 2012;18(7):1848-56.
Gounder MK, Lin H, Stein M, Goodin S, Bertino JR, Kong A-H T, DiPaola RS. A validated bioanalytical HPLC method for pharmacokinetic evaluation of 2-deoxyglucose in human plasma. Biomed Chromatogr 2012 May;26(5):650-4.
Lin H, Goodin S, Strair RK, DiPaola RS, Gounder M. Comparison of LC-MS assay and HPLC assay of busulfan in clinical pharmacokinetics. ISRN Analytical Chem 2012, Article ID 198683.
Zheng X, Cui XX, Khor TO, Huang Y, DiPaola RS, Goodin S, Lee MJ, Yang CS, Kong A-N, Conney A. Inhibitory effect of a gamma-tocopherol mixture of tocopherols on the formation and growth of LNCaP prostate tumors in immunodeficient mice. Cancers 2011;3:3762-3772.
Goodin S. Insomnia: What if I were your sister? Pharmacy Today, Health System Edition 2011;17 (November): 2.
Meier K, Griffith N, Chen B, Chuk K, Daouphars M, Doreau C, Patel RA, Schwartz RS, Tames MJ, Terkola R, Badnais B, Wright D, Goodin S. Safe handling of oral chemotherapeutic agents: a European perspective. Eur J Oncol Pharm 2011;5(2): 4-10.
Goodin S. Insomnia: Safeguarding oncology medications. Pharmacy Today, Health System Edition 2011; 17 (September):2.
Meier K, Griffith N, Goodin S. Safe handling of oral chemotherapeutic agents: a European perspective. Eur J Oncol Pharm 2011/2;5:4-10.
Goodin S, Griffith N, Chen B, Chuk K, Daouphars M, Doreau C, Pater RA, Schwartz R, Tames MJ, Terkioa R, Vadnais B, Wright D, Meir K. Safe handling of oral chemotherapeutic agents in clinical practice: recommendations from an international pharmacy panel. J Oncol Practice 2011; 7(1):7-12.
Suh DC, Powers CA, Barone JA, Shin H, Kwon J, Goodin S. Full costs of dispensing and administering fluorouracil chemotherapy for outpatients: a microcosting study. Res Social Adm Pharm 2010 Sep; 6(3):246-256.
Stein M, Dvorzhinski D, Goudner M, Bray K, Eddy S, Goodin S, White E, DiPaola RS. Targeting tumor metabolic fragility with 2-deoxyglucose in patients with castrate resistant prostate cancer and advanced malignancies. Prostate 2010; 70(13):1388-1394.
Toppmeyer DL, Goodin S. Ixabepilone, a new treatment option for metastatic breast cancer. Am J Clin Oncol 2010;33(5);516-521.
Saraiya B, Goodin S. Management of Venous Thromboembolism and the Potential to Impact Overall Survival in Cancer Patients. Pharmacotherapy 2009;29(11):1344-1356.
Wong ST, Goodin S. Overcoming drug resistance in breast cancer. Pharmacotherapy 2009;29(8):954-965.
Goodin S. Ixabepilone: a novel microtubule-stabilizing agent for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer. Am J Health Sys Pharm 2008;65:2017-2026.
Medina PJ, Goodin S. Lapatinib: A review of the dual inhibitor of epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase. Clinical Therapeutics 2008; 30 (8):1426-1447.
Publications 2003 – 2007
Goodin S, Shih WJ, Gallo M, Aisner J, DiPaola RS. Effect of Soy Protein on Testosterone Levels. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2007;16(12):2796.
Georgy A, Neceskas J, Goodin S. Antiemetic care for patients with breast cancer: treatment considerations with a focus on drug interactions and safety. Am J Health Sys Pharm 2007;64:2227-2236.Nishioka JM, Goodin S. Low-Molecular-Weight Heparins in Cancer-Associated Thrombosis: Treatment, Secondary Prevention, and Beyond. J Oncol Pharm Practice 2007;13(2):85-97.
Hait WN, Alli E, Rubin E, Goodin S. Tubulin Targeting Agents. Update on Cancer Therapeutics. (27 Dec 2006 published online) 2007;2 (1) March 1-18.Goodin S, Shen F, Dave N, Shih WJ, Kane MP, Medina P, Lambert GH, Gallo M, DiPaola RS. Clinical and biological activity of soy protein powder supplementation in healthy male volunteers. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2007: April 16(4):829-33.
Tan AR, Moore DF, Hidalgo M, Doroshow JH, Poplin EA, Goodin S, Mauro D, Rubin EH. Pharmacokinetics of cetuximab after administration of escalating single dosing and weekly fixed dosing in patients with solid tumors. Clin Cancer Res 2006; 12(21):6517-6522.Goodin S. Erlotinib: Optimizing Therapy with Predictors of Response? Clin Cancer Res 2006;12(10):2961-2963.
Boehnke-Michaud L, Goodin S. Cancer treatment-induced bone loss, Part 2. Am J Health Sys Pharm 2006;63:534-546.Boehnke-Michaud L, Goodin S. Cancer treatment-induced bone loss, Part 1. Am J Health Sys Pharm 2006;63:419-430.
Blower P, de Wit R, Goodin S, Aapro M. Drug-drug interactions in oncology: why are they important and can they be minimized? Crit Rev in Oncol Hematol 2005;55:117-142.Goodin S, Rao K, Kane M, Capanna T, Engle E, Ciardella M, Todd M, DiPaola, RS. A phase II trial of docetaxel and vinorelbine in patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancer with and without prior chemotherapy. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 2005;56:199-204.
Lindley C, Goodin S, McCune J, Kane M, Amamoo A, Shord S, Pham T, Yowell S, Laliberte K, Schell M, Bernard S, Socinski M. Prevention of delayed chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting after moderately high to highly emetogenic chemotherapy: comparison of ondansetron, prochlorperazine, and dexamethasone. Am J Clin Oncol 2005;28:270-276.Goodin S, Medina P, Capanna T, Winnie J, Shih J, Abrams S, Doyle-Lindrud S, Rao KV, Todd MB, DiPaola RS. A phase II trial of docetaxel in patients with D0 prostate cancer. J Clin Oncol 2005;23(15)3352-3357.
Rao K, Goodin S, Levitt MJ, Dave’ N, Shih WJ, Lin Y, Capanna T, Doyle-Lindrud S, Todd MB, DiPaola RS. A phase II trial of imatinib mesylate in patients with prostate specific antigen progression after local therapy for prostate cancer. Prostate 2005;62(2):115-122.Goodin S, August DA. Commentary on adenoma recurrences after resection of colorectal carcinoma. Am J Oncol Rev 2004:3(9):538-540, 557.
Rabin C, Leventhal H, Goodin S. Conceptualization of disease time-line predicts post-treatment distress in breast cancer patients. Health Psychology 2004;23(4):407-412.Kumar P, Perrotti M, Weiss, R, Todd M, Goodin S, Cummings K, DiPaola R. Phase I trial evaluating the maximally tolerated dose of weekly docetaxel with concurrent 3-D conformal radiation therapy in the treatment of localized unfavorable adenocarcinoma of the prostate. J Clin Oncol 2004;22(10):1909-1915.
Goodin S, Kane M, Rubin EH. Epothilones: Mechanism of action and biological activity. J Clin Oncol 2004;22(10):2015-2025.Goodin S, Shiff SJ. NSAIDs for the chemoprevention of oral cancer: Promise or Pessimism? Clin Cancer Res 2004;10 (5):1561-1564.
Toppmeyer DL, Gounder M, Much J, Musanti R, Vyas V, Medina M, Orlando T, Pennick M, Lin Y, Shi W, Goodin S, Rubin E. A phase I and pharmacologic study of the combination of marimastat and paclitaxel in patients with advanced malignancies. Med Sci Monit 2003;9(8):PI99-104.Thalasila A, Poplin E, Shih J Dvorzhinski D, Capanna T, Doyle-Lindrud S, Beers S, Goodin S, Rubin E, DiPaola RS. A phase I trial of weekly paclitaxel, 13-cis-retinoic acid, and interferon alpha in patients with prostate cancer and other advanced malignancies. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 2003;52(2):119-124.
Goodin S, Cunningham R. In reply: Evidence for equivalent cardiotoxicity of the 5HT3 receptor antagonists. The Oncologist 2003;8(2): 219-221.
DiPaola RS, Rubin E, Toppmeyer D, Eid J, Butzbach D, Dvorzhinski D, Capanna T, Ciardella M, Shih WJ, Goodin S, Todd MB. Gemcitabine combined with sequential paclitaxel and carboplatin in patients with urothelial cancers and other advanced malignancies. Med Sci Monit 2003;9(2):P5-P11.
Publications 1993 – 2002
Chen T, Berenson J, Vescio R, Swift R, Gilchick A, Goodin S, LoRusso P, Ma P, Ravera C, Deckert F, Schran H, Seaman J, Skerjanec A. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of zoledronic acid in cancer patients with bone metastases. J Clin Pharmacol 2002;42(11):1228-1236.Goodin S, Cunningham R. 5-HT3-receptor antagonists for the treatment of nausea and vomiting – a re-appraisal of their side-effect profile. The Oncologist 2002;7(5)424-436.
DiPaola RS, Rinehart J, Nemunitis J, Ebinghaus S, Rubin E, Capanna T, Ciardell M, Doyle-Lindred S, Goodin S, Fontaine M, Adams N, Williams A, Schwartz M, Winchell G, Wickersham K, Deutsch P, Yao S-L. Characterization of a novel prostate-specific antigen-activated peptide-doxorubicin conjugate in patients with prostate cancer. J Clin Oncol 2002;20 (7);1874-1879.
Goodin S, Rao K, DiPaola RS. State of the art treatment of metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer. The Oncologist 2002;7 (4):360-370.
DiPaola RS, Chenven ES, Shih WJ, Lin Y, Amenta P, Goodin S, Shumate A, Capanna T, Ciardella M, Cummings K, Aisner J, Todd MB. Mitoxantrone in patients with prostate specific antigen progression after local therapy for prostate cancer. Cancer 2001;92(8):2065-2071.
Rao K, Goodin S. Prevention and management of colorectal cancer in women. J Am Pharm Assoc 2001;41:585-595.
Eid JE, Brunner M, Segal L, Cummings KB, Weiss RE, Goodin S, Todd M, Aisner J, DiPaola RS. Effect of P-30 protein and tamoxifen on plasma TGF-beta 1 and IGF-1 in patients with cancer of the prostate. Urol Oncol 2001;6:243-247.
Ahmed F, Vyas V, Cornfield A, Goodin S, Ravikumar TS, Rubin E, Gupta E. In vitro activation of irinotecan to SN-38 by human liver and intestine. Anticancer Research 1999;19:2067-2072.
DiPaola RS, Rafi MM, Vyas V, Toppmeyer D, Rubin E, Pater G, Goodin S, Medina M, Medina P, Zamek R, White E, Gupta E, Hait WN. Phase I clinical and pharmacologic study of 13-cis retinoic acid, alpha interferon, and paclitaxel in patients with prostate cancer and other advanced malignancies. J Clin Oncol 1999;17(7):2213-2218.
Medina P, DiPaola RS, Goodin S. Treatment of hormone-refractory prostate cancer. J Oncol Pharm Practice 1999;5(1):32-48.
Gupta E, Toppmeyer D, Zamek R, Much J, Ibrahim N, Goodin S, Kane M, Aisner J, Li X, Haluska P, Medina M, Cornfield A, Vyas V, Natelson E, Giovanella B, Saleem A, Rubin E. Clinical evaluation of a strategy of sequential topoisomerase targeting in the treatment of advanced malignancy. Cancer Therapeutics 1998;1 (5):292-301.
Goodin S, DiPaola RS. Strategies for using cytoprotective agents to improve outcomes associated with cancer chemotherapy. Disease Management and Clinical Outcomes 1998;1(5):155-160.
Goodin S. Rituxan (RituximabTM). Cancer Therapeutics 1998;1(4):267-270.
DiPaola RS, Zhang H, Lambert G, Mecker R, Licitra E, Rafi MM, Zhu BT, Spaulding H, Goodin S, Toledano MB, Hait WM, Gallo M. Clinical and biological activity of an estrogenic herbal combination (PC-SPES) in prostate cancer. N Engl J Med 1998:339(12):785-791.
DiPaola RS, Rodriquez R, Goodin S, Recio A, Orlick M, Mollman J, Bird S, Schuchter L. Amifostine and dose-intense paclitaxel in patients with advanced malignancies. Cancer Therapeutics 1998;1:11-17.
DiPaola RS, Weiss R, Cummings KB, Kong FM, Jirtle RL, Anscher M, Gallo J, Goodin S, Thompson S, Rasheed Z, Aisner J, Todd MB. Effect of 13-cis-retinoic acid and -interferon on transforming growth factor β1 in patients with rising prostate-specific antigen. Clin Can Res 1997;3:1999-2004.
DiPaola RS, Goodin S, Ratzell M, Florczyk M, Karp G, Ravikumar TS. Chemotherapy for metastatic melanoma during pregnancy. Gynecol Oncol 1997 Sep;66(3):526-530.
Goodin S, Gosland MP. Evaluation of 5-HT3-receptor antagonists in emetogenic chemotherapy regimens. Formulary 1996; 31 (11):1071-1080.
Gosland MP, Goodin S, John WJ. A phase I trial of 5-day continuous infusion cisplatin and interferon alpha. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 1995; 37(1-2):39-46.
Gosland MP, Tsuboi C, Hoffman T, Goodin S, Vore M. 17-estradiol glucuronide: An inducer of cholestasis and a physiological substrate for the multidrug resistance transporter. Cancer Res 1993;53(22):5382-5385.
Tsubaki T, Goodin S, Leader WG, Chandler MH. Estimation of creatinine clearance in patients with gynecologic cancer. Clin Pharm 1993;12(9):685-690.
Invited Lectures / Presentations
- Update on New Cancer Therapies. New Perspectives in Oncology Practice, Chemotherapy Foundation Symposium, New York, New York, November 2012.
- New Drug Update: Marketed Drugs. Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Association Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida, March 2012 .
- Cancer Prevention: 9 times down, 10 times up? Grand Rounds, Southern Ocean County Medical Center, Meridian Health System, Manahawkin, New Jersey, December 2011 .
- Cancer Associated VTE and Evidence-based Guidelines. Presenter and Symposium Chair, Optimizing the Prevention and Treatment of Thromboembolism in Cancer Patients: A case-based approach. 46th ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition, New Orleans, Louisiana, December 2011 .
- Effective Negotiating: Landing the Job & Moving Up. ASHP Career Management Seminar for Pharmacy Residents, 46th ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition, New Orleans, Louisiana, December 2011 .
- Oncology Patient Safety During Clinical Trials: Our Approach. La Real Academia Nacional De Farmacis, la Sociedad Espanola de Farmacia Hospitaliaria, Madrid, Spain, November 2011 .
- Looking Through a Kaleidoscope: Translational Research and Pharmacy. Rho Chi Lecture, University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy, Lexington, Kentucky, March 2011 .
- Where Do we Go From Here: Taking Practice to the Next Level, Where do we go after the Practice Model Summit? The 45th ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition, Anaheim, California, December 2010 .
- Chemotherapy Toxicities: Current Guidelines on Symptom Management. Meridian Health System, Jersey Shore Medical Center, Neptune New Jersey, November 2010 .
- Investigational Agents in Clinical Trials: Is it more than drug accountability? 2010 Clinical and Translational Research and Education Meeting: Association for Clinical Research Training/Society of Clinical and Translational Science Joint Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, April 2010 .
- Overview of results from the ASHP Gene Therapy Survey. Clinical Considerations and Opportunities in Gene Therapy session, Moderator and Speaker at the 44rh ASHP Midyear Clinical meeting and Exhibition, Las Vegas, Nevada, December 2009 .
- Current trends in alternative therapies: the use of nutraceuticals and supplements by oncology patients. The 44rh ASHP Midyear Clinical meeting and Exhibition, Las Vegas, Nevada, December 2009 .
- Career Management: Planning your Professional Future. Moderator and Speaker at a Symposium conducted at the 44rt ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition, Las Vegas, Nevada, December 2009 .
- Looking through a Kaleidoscope: Translational Research and Pharmacy. The Philip C. and Ethel F. Ashby Distinguished Lecture Series, University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, April 2009 .
- Nutrients and Cancer Prevention: 9 times down, 10 times up? Drug Development and Pharmacogenomics Academy, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, April 2009 .
- Targeted Agents and Application in Cancer Therapy: A Pharmacist’s Perspective. Speaker and Moderator at a symposium conducted at the 43rd ASHP Midyear Clinical meeting and Exhibition, Orlando, Florida, December 2008 .
- Clinical Trials in Gene Therapy: Science, Outcomes, and Implications for Pharmacy Practice. Developed and Moderator, presented at the 43rd ASHP Midyear Clinical meeting and Exhibition, Orlando, Florida, December 2008 .
- Trials and Error. Clinical Pearls 2008, presented at the 43rd ASHP Midyear Clinical meeting and Exhibition, Orlando, Florida, December 2008 .
- Career Management: Planning your Professional Future. Moderator and Speaker at a Symposium conducted at the 43rt ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition, Orlando, Florida, December 2008 .
- Update on Oral Chemotherapy. 7th Annual Updates in Internal Medicine, CME accredited conference sponsored by the Department of Medicine, UMDNJ/Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, December 2008 .
- Pharmacology Approaches to Personalized Care. Medical Grand Rounds, Raritan Bay Medical Center, Perth Amboy, New Jersey, October 2008 .
- Oral Chemotherapy: Novel Agents with better outcomes? Hematology and Oncology PRN Focus Session of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy Annual Meeting, Louisville, Kentucky, October 2008 .
- Off label Use in Oncology. Roswell Park cancer Institute Pharmacy Oncology Symposium 2008, Niagara Falls, New York, October 2008 .
- Oral Chemotherapy Adherence. The Oncology Pharmacy Education Network of the Association of Community Cancer Centers, San Francisco, California, September 2008.
- Colorectal Cancer: Pathway to Survival. North Central Chapter Meeting of the New Jersey Society of Health-System Pharmacists, West Orange, New Jersey, July 2008.
- Epothilones: Pre-clinical data and early clinical efficacy in breast cancer. Symposium titled: Integrating the Epothilones into Clinical Practice: Focus on Breast Cancer. Presented at the Hematology Oncology Pharmacy Association/International Society of Oncology Pharmacy Practice Annual Meeting 2008, Anaheim, California, June 2008.
- Disparities in Colorectal Cancer: Impact on African Americans and the Importance of Screening and Prevention. Program chair and speaker, 2008 Association of Black Health System Pharmacists, Atlanta, Georgia, May 2008.
- Significant Papers in Pharmacotherapy: Oncology. 2008 Annual Meeting, Exhibition & Installation Dinner of the New Jersey Society of Health-System Pharmacists, New Brunswick, New Jersey, April 2008.
- Improving Patient Adherence and Compliance to Treatment. 34th Annual National Meeting of the Association of Community Cancer Centers, Baltimore, Maryland, April 2008.