How to Download an eBook to an Apple Device
Examples of Apple devices that can be used to download an eBook include the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Remember that you first need to set up your account. You will need to download Adobe Digital Editions if you will be looking at the eBook on your computer. If you have not set up your account, please click here to learn how.
In order to download an eBook to your Apple device, there are a few steps you will need to do.
- Download the Bluefire reading app from the iTunes app store.
- You will need an Adobe ID. Go to adobe.com and tap on “Sign in” in the upper right hand corner.
- Authorize the Bluefire app on your device. This is done by opening the Bluefire Reader and entering your Adobe ID.
- Now you are ready to look for an eBook. Go to the EBSCO website here and log on. You may want to save the page as a bookmark.
- When you find an eBook you want, tap “download” to begin downloading the eBook to your device.
- If you didn’t log in to your My EBSCOhost account, you will be asked to do so.
- Select a checkout period from the drop-down menu and tap “Checkout & Download”.
- Open in Bluefire Reader. The reader will download your book.
For help with making your account or downloading an eBook or audiobook, please call the library at 732-235-9639 during normal business hours.
To watch a video on how to download an eBook to an Apple device, click here.