Director: Shridar Ganesan, MD, PhD
Manager: Curtis Krier
The Functional Genomics Shared Resource is a centralized, high quality, cost-effective facility providing comprehensive genomic and transcriptomic analysis of biospecimens in collaboration with the Rutgers University Cell and DNA Repository (RUCDR) Infinite Biologics.
The shared resource aims to provide investigators with:
- Integrative consultation on experimental design, bioinformatics, and data analysis prior to initiation of experiments
- High quality extraction of DNA and RNA from biological samples
- Massively parallel, high-throughput next generation sequence analysis to support research in genomic sequencing, gene expression profiling (RNA-seq), and epigenetics, including changes in DNA methylation (methyl-C(bisulphite)-Seq) and chromatin modification/remodeling (ChIP-seq)
- Custom gene expression analysis on DNA microarray-based and RT-PCR platforms
- A highly flexible range of services from single task to comprehensive, depending on the need and experience of the individual investigator
- Data analysis support through the Bioinformatics Shared Resource to ensure seamless data collection, management and analysis
- An ongoing system of quality control and validation at all steps of research projects
- Series of lectures and workshops designed to disseminate knowledge and research applications of Next Generation DNA sequencing and gene expression analysis to Rutgers CINJ investigators and collaborators
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF SHARED RESOURCES
The shared resources of The Cancer Institute of New Jersey are specialized service facilities that support the cancer research efforts of our members.
The shared resources are supported primarily by the Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG) from the National Cancer Institute. Additional support may be provided from other sources, such as chargeback systems, institutional funding and/or other grants. The support from the CCSG allows the core facilities to provide benefits to Cancer Center members, such as ensured access to services or subsidies to user rates.
Please remember to acknowledge the valuable services provided by CINJ Shared Resources in your research papers, publications and grant applications:
"This research was supported by the [insert name(s)] Shared Resource(s) of The Cancer Institute of New Jersey (P30CA072720)."
(Note: please also consider including the names of individuals from the shared resources if they provided any intellectual input or additional effort.)