Bette Lazzaro, MD
Adjunct Associate Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Anatomic Pathology: Resident Teaching/Research
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
51 French Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08903
Phone: (215) 432-3099
Research Program Alignment
Membership Type: Associate
- Antigen characterization in paraffin-embedded (surgical pathology) tissues, examples:
- CD10 expression in tumor stroma as a marker for epithelial induction.
- Antigen expression in benign and malignant melanocytic lesions, specifically to localize more accurately residual melanoma cells in melanoma re-excision specimens.
- Expression of antigenic (basement membrane, myoepithelial) markers in papillary and other less common lesions of the breast, in order to detect invasion more accurately.
- Expression of EGF/insulin-like receptors in certain benign proliferative lesions such as polycystic ovaries, purported to be associated with diabetic/insulin-resistance syndromes.