I am an assistant professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (RWJMS) and The Cancer Institute of New Jersey (CINJ). I completed a Translational Research Fellowship (T32) while serving as an instructor in Radiation Oncology at UMDNJ-RWJMS and CINJ. I previously completed a residency in radiation oncology at UMDNJ-RWJMS. Prior to this, I graduated from the University of Virginia with a BA in biology (1998), an MD (2002), and MS in clinical investigation (2002).
With a focus on breast cancer, I work closely with medical and surgical oncologists, as well as social workers, nutritionists and others at the Stacy Goldstein Breast Cancer Center and other specialty centers at CINJ in order to provide patients with a comprehensive evaluation.
My primary research focus has been in clinical breast cancer, accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) and utilizing molecular markers to predict loco-regional outcomes after breast conservation therapy. In my current position, I have established research projects which utilize both qualitative and quantitative research methods in multi-disciplinary settings and I believe my record of peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations demonstrate my skill as a scientist to study a problem. By having the resources available that can only be found at a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, our team is able to translate these research findings and directly apply them to patient therapies.
As a past and present member of four American Society of Clinical Oncology committees, two American Society for Radiation Oncology committees, the American College of Radiology Appropriateness Committee for Breast Cancer, and multiple committees on the institutional level, I will continue to volunteer to actively support their missions. I also serve as a reviewer for the Red Journal, Journal of Clinical Oncology and others.
Breast cancer, prostate cancer, brain tumors, gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery (GKSRS), stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT), hypofractionated radiotherapy
- Moderator, Sino-American Network of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology, 2010
- Moderator, Addressing Health Disparities in the South Asian Population, 2010
- Faculty, Contouring Learning Lab, American Radium Society Annual Meeting, 2010
- Moderator, Breast Session, American Radium Society Annual Meeting, 2010
- American Brachytherapy Society (ABS) HDR Brachytherapy Fellowship, 2008
- AACR/ASCO Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop (Vail, Co), 2007
- RSNA Roentgen Resident Research Award, 2007
- BEST® 100 Fellowship Award, 2007
- Oncology Fellow Scholarship (NMCR), 2005 & 2006
To schedule an appointment call 732-235-8515