To obtain biospecimens through the Biorepository Service please follow these instructions:
- Complete and submit the webform below.
- Upon submission, if the PI and the Biorepository have not determined what type of biospecimen(s) with or without data is available for the project, a consultation with the shared resource will follow.
- If determined that the BRS can support the project after the consultation, follow the steps below to obtain approval for biospecimens:
- The PI should contact Celeste Jackson (email@example.com) in the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey's Office of Human Research Services (OHRS) to initiate the process for review by the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey's Scientific Review Board (SRB). OHRS will work with the PI to complete the appropriate template and initiate the SRB review.
- Once the SRB review is completed, OHRS will continue to work with the PI to submit the protocol and any additional requirements to Rutgers' IRB.
- Once received, submit SRB/IRB approvals to Diane Hanrahan and schedule a time to pick up specimens from the BRS.
For Non-Rutgers PI
All non-Rutgers PIs are required to work with a Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey Scientific Program leader to identify a Rutgers PI who can become a collaborator on the project and be appointed as the Rutgers PI for both the SRB and IRB applications. For the purpose of the SRB and IRB application the non-Rutgers PI would be listed as a Co-PI. In addition, the non-Rutgers PI is required to submit their institution's IRB approval along with the SRB and IRB application. OHRS will work with the Non-Rutgers PI to facilitate this process.
Please direct all questions to Diane Hanrahan, Program Administrator at 732-235-3511 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated 05/01/2020