Director: Michael P. Kane, R.Ph., BCOP
The Research Pharmacy shared resource provides support for Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey members who conduct research with investigational agents in human subjects. The overall goal of this shared resource is to support the rigorously reviewed research with investigational agents in human subjects by providing an efficient, centralized service of extraordinary quality.
The specific goals of this shared resource are to:
- Develop and maintain proper methods for preparation and handling of investigational agents
- Ensure that all issues involving drug accountability, dosing, and administration are (a) clearly defined in the protocol; (b) consistent with Rutgers Cancer Institute, State, and Federal policies and procedures; and (c) followed to ensure the proper use of all study agents in clinical trials
- Facilitate procurement, maintain accountability, and provide secure and appropriate storage for all investigational agents, and ensure that these agents are dispensed according to protocol guidelines; for the basic science programs, the Research Pharmacy shared resource procures investigational and commercial agents for laboratory use
- Assist Cancer Institute investigators, along with the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey’s Office of Human Research Services (OHRS), in maintaining regulatory compliance
- Provide expert consultation on the use of new agents regarding drug interactions, sequencing, formulation and administration
- Provides an additional level of quality assurance in clinical trials through a) verification of informed consent; b) verification of eligibility and enrollment through the OHRS before dispensing any agent to clinical trial participants; c) verification of dose assignments in phase I trials; d) verification of investigators’ active National Cancer Institute (NCI) status; e) review of dose modifications; f) assessment for potential drug interactions; g) maintenance of randomization schemas for investigator-initiated trials; and h) assessment of patient adherence for self-administered protocol therapy
"Services, results and/or products in support of the research project were generated by the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey Metabolomics Shared Resource, supported, in part, with funding from NCI-CCSG P30CA072720-5924."
Please consider including the names of individuals from the shared resource if they provided any intellectual input or additional effort.
NIH Public Access Policy: Publications that result from services provided by this Shared Resource must be compliant with the NIH Public Access policy by submitting your paper to PubMed Central. Go to: https://publicaccess.nih.gov/submit_process.htm for PubMed Central's submission instructions.
If you require additional guidance on how to properly acknowledge a single shared resource or multiple shared resources you may contact Janet Bandoy, Shared Resource Coordinator.