How to Download an Audiobook
To listen and download an audiobook, you will need to do the following steps.
- Call the Resource and Learning Center at 732-235-9639, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 9 a.m and 4:30 p.m. A member of our staff will ask for your name and the patients name if you are not the patient.
- You will be given a user name and password in order to enter the EBSCO website. Please do not share the user name or password with anyone else.
- Click here to log on to the EBSCO website.
- Register for a free My EBSCO host account. To do this, click on the “Sign In” link at the top right side of the web page. Click on “Create a New Account”. Enter your information and remember your username and password. You will use this username and password to log in to My EBSCOhost.
- Choose Audiobook Collection and search for an audiobook.
- In order to download an audiobooks and transfer it to a portable device, you must first download the EBSCO Audiobooks Download Manager software. You will be prompted to install the software the first time you download an Audiobook.
- Click on the “Download” link to download your audiobook and transfer it to your device.
- If you did not log in to your My EBSCOhost account, you will be asked to do so.
- Select a checkout period from the drop-down menu and tap “Checkout & Download”.
- The audiobook is added to the Checkouts area of the folder and the Download Manager software should automatically begin to download the audiobook to your computer.
- If the download does not start automatically, click the Download link for your checked-out audiobook from the Checkouts area of the folder.
- Make sure your device is connected to the computer or you can listen to the audiobook on your computer with Windows Media Player.
- Close download manager.
For help with making your account or downloading an eBook or audiobook, please call the library at 732-235-9639 during normal business hours.
You can also click here which will bring you to the EBSCO help page.