The Resource Room
In the Resource Room, a trained library professional is on hand to help you fulfill your information needs. As well as one-to-one assistance, internet access is available for health research, and we can provide you with materials on topics such as cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment, symptom management, end-of-life care, nutrition, clinical trials, support, caregiving, alternative and complementary therapies, emotional health and wellbeing, and family care issues. You can also find out more about the cancer services offered at Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
Find out what we've added most recently to the library.
The Resource Room offers:
- Computers with access to online resources and credible health websites.
- Consumer health books, magazines, brochures and newsletters.
- Interactive computer programs and CD-ROMs on specific types of cancers.
- Health education DVDs.
- Medical reference books.
- CancerHelp™, a touch screen computer program linked to the National Cancer Institute.
- Spanish language material.
- Children's books.
- Portable DVD players and recreational DVDs.
- Nook and Kindle devices for e-books, magazines and internet.
- Playaway devices and CDs for relaxation.
- iPods for videos, music and meditation.
- iPads for games, movies, music and internet.
Latest Additions to the Library
Before and After Cancer Treatment (2015) by Julie K. Silver, MD. This book will help you find a personal, practical, and powerful guide to recovery.
The Cancer Survivor's Garden Companion (2016) by Jenny Peterson. A guide to create your own backyard haven for healing – a personal restorative garden.
A Guide to Survivorship for Women Who Have Ovarian Cancer (2015). This book was designed to ease the physical and emotional suffering of women who have ovarian cancer.
Guinness World Records 2016 (2015). A guide to the newest amazing world records.
Prostate Cancer, 2nd Edition (2016). A translational reference on prostate cancer that bridges the gap from basic science to clinical analysis and new therapeutic approaches.
Wherever You Are My Love Will Find You (2010) by Nancy Tillman. A children's book about the power of love.
Clinical Trials. More Options. More Hope. by Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.