Return to member profile
Nina A. Cooperman, PsyD
- Cooperman NA, Parsons JP, Chabon B, Berg KM & Arnsten JH. The development and feasibility of an intervention to improve antiretroviral adherence among HIV-positive patients receiving primary-care in methadone clinics. Journal of HIV/AIDS and Social Services 2007; 6(1/2): 101-120.
- Nahvi, S & Cooperman, NA. The need for smoking cessation among HIV-positive smokers. AIDS Education and Prevention 2009; 21(3 suppl.): 14-27. PMID 19537951 PMCID: PMC2704483.
- Bernstein, SL, Bijur, P, Cooperman, NA, Jearld, S, Arnsten, JH, Moadel, A & Gallagher, EJ. A randomized trial of a mulitcomponent smoking cessation intervention for smokers seeking treatment in an urban emergency department. Acad Emerg Med 2011; 18(6): 575-83. PMID: 21676054 PMCID: PMC3117220.
- Bernstein SL, Bijur PE, Cooperman N, Moadel AM, Jearld S & Gallagher EJ. Predictors of in-person follow-up among subjects in an ED-based smoking cessation trial. Am J Emerg Med, 2012; 30(9): 2067-9. PMID: 23000321.
- Bernstein SL, Arnsten JH, Bijur PE, Cooperman N, Moadel AM, Jearld S & Gallagher EJ. Efficacy of an emergency department-based multicomponent intervention for smokers with substance use disorders. J Substance Abuse Treatment, 2013; 44(1): 139-42. PMID: 22763199 PMCID: PMC3465634.
- Willliams, JM, Steinberg, ML, Griffiths, KG & Cooperman, NA. The need for smokers with behavioral health comorbidity to be designated as a tobacco use disparity group. American Journal of Public Health, in press.
- Cooperman, NA, Richter, KP, Bernstein, SL, Steinberg, ML & Williams, JM. Determining smoking cessation related information, motivation, and behavioral skills among opiate dependent smokers in methadone treatment. Substance Use and Misuse, in press.
- Simoni JM & Cooperman NA. Stressors and strengths among women living with HIV/AIDS in New York City. AIDS Care 2000;12(3):291-297. PMID: 10928206
- Cooperman NA, Simoni JM & Lockhart D. Abuse, social support, and depression among HIV-positive heterosexual, bisexual, and lesbian women. Journal of Lesbian Studies 2003;7(4): 49-66.
- Cooperman NA, Falkin GP & Cleland, C. Changes in women’s sexual risk behaviors after therapeutic community treatment. AIDS Education and Prevention 2005; 17(2): 159-171. PMID: 15899753
- Cooperman NA, & Simoni, JM. Suicidal ideation and attempted suicide among women living with HIV. Journal of Behavioral Medicine 2005; 28(2): 149-156. PMID: 15957570
- Cooperman NA & Arnsten JH. Motivational interviewing for improving adherence to antiretroviral medications. Current HIV/AIDS Reports 2005; 2(4): 159-164. PMID: 16343372
- Cooperman, NA, Arnsten, JH & Klein, RS. Current sexual activity and risky sexual behavior in older men with or at risk for HIV infection. AIDS Education and Prevention 2007; 19(4): 321-333. PMID: 17685845 PMCID: PMC2505189.
- Cooperman, NA. HIV/AIDS and suicide. In Berman, L. and Pompili, M., editors. Medical Conditions Associated with Suicide Risk. 2011. American Association of Suicidology.
- Cooperman, NA., Heo, M, Berg, KM, Li, X, Litwin, A, Nahvi, S & Arnsten, JH. Impact of adherence counseling dose on antiretroviral adherence and HIV viral load among HIV-Infected methadone maintained drug users. AIDS Care, 2012; 24(7): 828-35. PMID: 22272732 PMCID: 3380183.
- Cooperman, NA, Shastri, J, Shastri, A & Schoenbaum, E. HIV, sexual risk behavior, knowledge, and beliefs among women seeking care at a sexually transmitted infection clinic in Mumbai, India. Health Care for Women International, 2014; 35(10):1133-47.