How to Download an eBook to an eReader that is Compatible with Adobe Digital Editions
Examples of an eReader that is compatible with Adobe Digital Editions include Nook, Kobo, Sony, Kindle Fire as well as other android devices. The Kindle eReader is not supported. Remember that you first need to set up your account and download Adobe Digital Editions. If you have not done this, please click here to learn how.
In order to download an eBook to your eReader, there are few steps you will need to do.
- When you find a book that you would like to read on your device, click on the Download This eBook (Offline) link that is located on the left side of the page.
- You will be asked to sign in to your My EBSCOhost account.
- Select a Checkout Period and click “Checkout & Download”.
- When the File Download box opens, select “Open” and the eBook opens in Adobe Digital Editions.
- Connect your eReader to your computer using its own USB cable.
- Adobe Digital Editions will show your eReader under “Bookshelves” on the left.
- Click on the title of the eBook you downloaded, and drag and drop it onto the eReader icon.
- To confirm the book moved to your eReader, click on the eReader icon and look for the title on the device.
- Eject your eReader by clicking the icon on your computer.
For help with making your account or downloading an eBook or audiobook, please call the library at 732-235-9639 during normal business hours.
You can also click here which will bring you to the EBSCO help page.