When a patient hears the words, “You have breast cancer,” they need to know that all breast cancer is not alike. We will, therefore, recommend a "personalized treatment plan" tailored to their particular disease to maximize the benefit. Since coming to Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey in 1995, I have helped countless patients navigate this journey through a comprehensive approach at our Stacy Goldstein Breast Cancer Center -- because it truly does take a team approach to tackle this disease. Following a fellowship at the Dana Farber Cancer Center at Harvard Medical School, preceded by a residency at the University of Pittsburgh, my expertise has long been breast cancer and breast cancer genetics – including helping people understand their risk of developing breast cancer.
Through the years, I have also been involved in the design and implementation of clinical trials that offer promising new therapies targeted to specific types of breast cancer. With consultation from experts across multiple disciplines, I help educate patients about clinical trial options. With the unique relationship offered through a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, I have the opportunity to work collaboratively with scientific investigators -- helping to translate information from the patient bedside back to the laboratory. As a professor of medicine at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, I also enjoy teaching the next generation of oncologists and provide opportunities for students to learn cancer biology, cancer pharmacology, genetics and clinical care.
I am the author or co-author of more than 50 publications and serve on the editorial board of the journal Clinical Cancer Research, one of the nation’s premier cancer publications. As a core member for the Breast Committee of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group, which is one of the nation's largest clinical cancer research organizations that conducts clinical trials in all types of adult cancers, I help to develop and identify the next generation of treatment options for women and men with breast cancer.
Breast cancer, young women with breast cancer, cancer genetics, and clinical trials.
- America’s Top Doctors for Cancer – New York Metro Area Castle Connolly, American Registry – 2011-2014, 2015, 2016
- Recognized as an Outstanding Leader, Making a Difference for Women Award National Council for Research on Women – 2012
- America’s Top Doctors, Castle Connolly Medical LTD – 2014, 2016
- Best Doctors in America – Top 5% of U.S. doctors - Best Doctors – 2014
- Inside Jersey’s Medical Oncology Top Doctor, Castle Connolly Medical LTD. – 2014, 2015, 2016
- Top Doctors for Cancer, Newsweek Magazine – 2015, 2016
- Inside Jersey’s Medical Oncology Top Doctor’s for Women, Castle Connolly Medical LTD. – 2016
- America’s Most Honored Professionals: Top 1%, The American Registry – 2016
- Inside New Jersey Magazines’ Top Doctors for Women’s Health – February 2017
- Top Doctors for Cancer Care, Inside Jersey Magazine – July 2017
- Top Doc, U.S. News & World Report, 2012
- One of Thirty Outstanding Women, National Council for Research on Women, 2012
- Top Doc, Inside Jersey Magazine, October 2011
- Top Doc, New Jersey Savvy Living, October 2011