Our compassionate team of breast health experts delivers state-of-the-art treatment and care for our patients with breast cancer. We offer a full spectrum of breast health services from diagnoses to prevention, treatment, support, and survivorship of all breast cancers, including rare and complex diagnoses. When appropriate, we provide opportunities to receive emerging therapies as part of participation in clinical trials. We are a multidisciplinary center with an emphasis on translational research, which means the close collaboration between our clinicians and researchers enables us to move scientific discovery into clinical practice rapidly and efficiently.
Breast Cancer Services and Treatment Options
Our patients have access to our entire team of physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals, enabling them to take an active role in their treatment plan. Benefits of our multidisciplinary approach include:
- Medical, surgical, and radiation therapy
- Our high risk assessment clinic, and genetic counseling and testing through the LIFE Center
- Individualized treatment plans with access to a full suite of resources and services, including nurse navigation, diet and nutrition therapy, mental health counseling, financial counseling, and on-site specialty pharmacy services
- Support groups and education classes for patients, families, and caregivers
- Advanced treatment options and emerging therapies through clinical trials
- Specialized care designed to meet the unique needs of patients living with cancer through the Survivorship Program
Meet Our Team
Enhancing Awareness: Increasing Participation of Black Women in Cancer Clinical Trials
Shicha Kumar, MD, FACS, Breast Surgical Oncologist at Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey discusses her patient philosophy of care.
When breast cancer is detected early, it’s easier and more successful to treat. Rutgers Cancer Institute nurse clinician, Sri Kota, BA, RN, OCN discusses breast cancer risk factors, prevention, and screening.