Interim Director: Shou-en Lu, PhD
The Biometrics shared resource of the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey is a Cancer Center managed shared resource whose purpose is to provide statistical support for CINJ members in the areas of basic, clinical, and population research.
Most Rutgers Cancer Institute members in the basic, clinical and population sciences require biostatistical expertise beyond that acquired within their field of scientific training. Biometrics ensures that the scientific rigor of cancer center studies is supported by outstanding, centralized and cost-effective biostatistical support.
The specific objectives of the Biometrics shared resource are to:
- Collaborate with investigators on grant proposals and the design and development of cancer studies to ensure statistical and methodological integrity;
- Develop new, cancer-specific statistical methodologies, when necessary, to support the research needs of Rutgers Cancer Institute investigators;
- Provide statistical review and consultation regarding grant writing for basic-, clinical-, and population-based studies;
- Support statistical monitoring and interim analysis of ongoing clinical trials;
- Provide computational and statistical analyses of data;
- Collaborate in the publication and/or presentation of research results; and
- Provide education, consultation and training activities in statistics for research staff.
"Services, results and/or products in support of the research project were generated by the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey Biometrics Shared Resource, supported, in part, with funding from NCI-CCSG P30CA072720-5918."
Please consider including the names of individuals from the shared resource if they provided any intellectual input or additional effort.
NIH Public Access Policy: Publications that result from services provided by this Shared Resource must be compliant with the NIH Public Access policy by submitting your paper to PubMed Central. Go to: https://publicaccess.nih.gov/submit_process.htm for PubMed Central's submission methods instructions.
If you require additional guidance on how to properly acknowledge a single shared resource or multiple shared resources you may contact Janet Bandoy, Shared Resource Coordinator.
Last updated 07/28/2020