Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey announces a special summer program for teen/high-school volunteers, which will run from June 1 - September 1.
Our Volunteer program is for teens who want to serve their community in a world-class healthcare setting. Teen volunteer opportunities are available 4 hours a week, Monday-Friday. Volunteers support the hospital by greeting, directing and escorting visitors, visiting patients on nursing floors, and discharging patients.
Volunteer Service Requirements:
- Age: 14 to 18 years old (must have completed ninth grade)
- Getting to know you: Answer interview questions regarding skills and experience levels
- Time Commitment: Our hope is for volunteers to be available 4 hours a week for the duration of the program
- Dress Code: all volunteers are required to wear the provided volunteer uniform/ T-shirt
- Volunteers MUST be fully vaccinated
- Please be aware that we do not offer internships or shadowing opportunities.
We make it easy for interested teens to get started: please fill out this form and someone will get back to you.