Steven S. An, PhD
- Kilic O, Yoon A, Shah SR, Yong HM, Ruiz-Valls A, Chang H, Panettieri RA, Liggett SB, Quiñones-Hinojosa A, An SS*, and Levchenko A*. A microphysiological model of the bronchial airways reveals the interplay of mechanical and biochemical signals in bronchospasm. Nature Biomedical Engineering 3:532-544, 2019.
- Haffner MC, Esopi DM, Chaux A, Gürel M, Ghosh S, Vaghasia AM, Tsai H, Kim K, Castagna N, Lam H, Hicks J, Whys N, Shinohara DB, Hurley PJ, Simons BW, Schaeffer EM, Lotan TL, Isaacs WB, Netto GJ, De Marzo AM, Nelson WG, An SS, and Yegnasubramanian S. AIM1 is an actin binding protein that suppresses cell migration and micrometastatic dissemination. Nature Communications 8:142, 2017.
- Park J, Kim DH, Kim HN, Wang C, Kwak MK, Hur E, Suh KY, An SS*, and Levchenko A*. Directed migration of cancer cells guided by the graded texture of the underlying matrix. Nature Materials 15:792-801, 2016.
- Deshpande DA, Wang WCH, McIlmoyle EL, Robinett KS, Schillinger RM, An SS, Sham JSK, and Liggett SB. Bitter taste receptors on airway smooth muscle bronchodilate by localized calcium signaling and reverse obstruction. Nature Medicine 16:1299-1304, 2010.
- Trepat X, Deng L, An SS, Navajas D, Tschumperlin DJ, Gerthoffer WT, Butler JP, and Fredberg JJ. Universal physical responses to stretch in the living cell. Nature, 447:592-595, 2007.