Mark A. Aakhus, PhD, MA
- Aakhus, M., Ågerfalk, P., & Lennmyr, F. (2018). Digital Innovation as Design of Digital Practice: Doctors as Designers in Healthcare. Proceedings of the 51st Hawaii International Conference on Systems Science (pp. 4594-4601). Manoa, HI.
- Fadem, S., Sunyoung, K., Mikesell, L., Aakhus, M., Strair, R., Manago, J., & McGrath, M. (2018). Personalizing decision support for AML patients by incorporating experienced patient videos about treatment outcomes. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, 24(3): S309-S310. DOI: 10.1016/j.bbmt.2017.12.317.
- Aakhus, M., Mikesell, L., Kim, S., & Fadem, S. (July, 2018). Designing deliberation into precision medicine. Presented at the 9th International Conference of the International Society for the Study of Argumentation, Amsterdam.
- Aakhus, M., Ågerfalk, P. J., Samra, K., & Ozan, H. (2017). Engaging with openness through common(s) ground: Healthcare innovation in the networked society. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (Vol. 295). http://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-64930-6_15
- Aakhus, M., & Harrison, T. (2015). Design Thinking about Communication in Health Systems Innovation: Orchestrating Interaction and Participation for Wellness. In T. R. Harrison & E. A. Williams (Eds.), Organizations, Communication, and Health (pp. 402–419). New York: Routledge.
- Aakhus, M. (2011). Crafting interactivity for stakeholder engagement: Transforming assumptions about communication in science and policy. Health Physics, 101(5), 531-535. DOI: 10.1097/HP.0b013e318222ede0
- Aakhus, M. & Rumsey, E. (2010). Crafting supportive communication online: A communication design analysis of conflict in an online support group. Journal of Applied Communication Research, 38(1), 65-84. DOI: 10.1080/00909880903483581
- Makoul, G., Zick, A., Aakhus, M., Neely, K., & Roemer, P. (2010). Using an online forum to encourage reflection about difficult conversations in medicine. Patient Education and Counseling, 79(1), 83-86. DOI: 10.1016/j.pec.2009.07.027