Devices which use the iOS operating system are produced by Apple; they include the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. You will need a free Adobe ID to be able to read an eBook from the library on your device.
Please follow these instructions using your iOS device to download a library eBook:
- If you do not already have it, download the Bluefire Reader from the iOS App Store. You must be using iOS 7.1 or higher.
- Authorize the Bluefire app by opening it and logging in with your Adobe ID.
- Call the Resource and Learning Center at 732-235-9639, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 9 a.m - 4:30 p.m, to be given a username and password to access the EBSCO website. Please do not share these details with anyone else. You will be asked for your name and the patient's name, if you are not the patient.
- Use this username and password to log into the EBSCO website.
- Before selecting which collection you would like to browse, you will need to register for a free personal account, or sign into an existing EBSCO account. Click “Sign In” at the top right-hand side of the web page.
- If you already have a personal EBSCO account, login in using your username and password. If you do not, click “Create a New Account” and follow the instructions to create a username and password.
- When you have returned to the database selection page, click "eBook Collection" to search or browse the collection.
- Click on the book you would like to borrow. On the left-hand side of the page, click "Download This eBook (Offline)". In the pop-up window, click "Checkout & Download".
- Your device will prompt you to open the eBook in the Bluefire Reader app. When you do this, the eBook should begin downloading automatically.
- Enjoy your eBook!
If you need any help adding one of our eBooks to your iOS device, please call the library at 732-235-9639, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
December 10, 2015